Saturday, January 1, 2011

Confession Is Good for the Soul

.
Yes, my gentle snowflakes, I have a confession--and God knows, my soul can use all the help it can get.

One more Christmas present to myself. Since I have managed to set up wifi, I wanted more than just my ∩ook to use it. All that capability just called out for more attention. And nature does abhor a vacuum.

So, I bought myself a mini laptop--Hewlett Packard. An HP Mini 210-2000 CTO PC
, to be precise. I think I like it. I picked the HP largely because of the keyboard. It has really nice tactility. And large keys. The screen is very adequate--just takes a lot more scrolling to read the articles that come over my rss feed.

The only thing I would wish for is MORE SPEED! And that has been my cry with every computer I have ever owned--ever, since 1978!

The HP came with Windows7. That is proving to be a little challenge--switching back and forth from XP to 7, that is the challenge. I can work with Windows7 and I can work with Windows-XP. It is switching back and forth from one to the other that boggles my old, not-so-limber brain. But I will master it, hopefully. And the mastery should help my brain stay young--that's what the research is saying, "Use it or lose it."

I can take it to bed with me and check my email one last time. I can look at Twitter for that last tweet of the night. I can check Facebook to see what my grandkids are up to in the wee small hours of the morning. [Caught the posted cell-photos of one grandson at a school dance. I would never have seen that without facebook. :) Candid pictures of him at a dance? Said photos taken by a friend of his? Never would have seen them. ]


OK, enough confession. Soon you will know all my secrets and vulnerabilities. There will be no more mystery woman behind the blog.

Have a Happy New Year!
.

1 comment: