OK, my gentle snowflakes, here is a wonderfully handy list of all the wonderful things & happenings that Shrub has given us.
- Florida 2000 – What a great time that was, but it’s always nice to have friends in high places, even if they’re your Daddy’s.
- SMU is building the George W. Bush Library ... it will represent a massive effort to spin and re-write history to cover for the incompetence and misdeeds of the worst president in our nation’s history.
- "Katrina to me was the tipping point," said Matthew Dowd, Bush's pollster and chief strategist for the 2004 presidential campaign. "The president broke his bond with the public. Once that bond was broken, he no longer had the capacity to talk to the American public. State of the Union addresses? It didn't matter. Legislative initiatives? It didn't matter. P.R.? It didn't matter. Travel? It didn't matter."
- In the 35 years I've known George W. Bush, he's always had a book nearby. He plays up being a good ol' boy from Midland, Texas, but he was a history major at Yale and graduated from Harvard Business School. You don't make it through either unless you are a reader.
- The books themselves reveal -- actually, confirm -- something about Bush that maybe Rove did not intend. They are not the reading of a widely read man, but instead the books of a man who seeks -- and sees -- vindication in every page. Bush has always been the captive of fixed ideas. His books just support that.
- His books reflect a man who is seeking to learn what he already knows
Anyway, these should all prove helpful when your friends and loved ones (you know the ones I mean) start waxing nostalgic for GWB and you need just a few gentle persuasive grenades to lob. Please lob them.
Our "friends" must not be allowed to turn this mess into something good--or even acceptable--once the passage of time has dimmed some of the sting.
So, keep these links handy. And lob away.