Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Few Thoughts on Gun Ownership

.

Let's see here, the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of--moviegoers, kindergarteners, mall shoppers and folks gathered to worship? You must explain to me exactly how is that ensuring freedom.
Understand, I'm not for ending gun ownership. I own guns. And I like mine. And I am not prepared to give them up. 
But in this country, my uterus is subject to more government oversite than my guns. 
Birth control and access to reproductive health services are harder to get than bullets. 
To see a gynecologist, I have to drive a minimum of 150 miles--round trip. Bullets, on the other hand, I can purchase from several places in my little hamlet of 5000 people. 
Justify that one for me:  Guns don't kill people -- vaginas do?
Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment