Friday, May 28, 2010

Solar Trees

.
There is an old joke in Oklahoma, that in the summer time, you can tell the best parking place not by which one is closest to the door, bu which one has the best all day shade!

Envision Solar makes a solar array mounted on a central pole. On the top of the canopy is mounted the solar and under the canopy is SHADE! In addition, the central pole can be equipped with Envision Solar's CleanCharge solar charging stations using the Coulomb ChargePoint for both electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.

Every parking lot in the sunbelt could use these to great advantage. In fact, Dell headquarters in Round Rock, Texas (north of Austin on IH 35) installed enough to provide 50 covered parking slots. And provide 130 kW of energy. Pretty neat.


Seems to me, my gentle snowflakes, that if I ran the Sonic Corp, since I already have the covered parking slots, I would look into this application pretty quick. Cheaper energy, government tax credits (both Federal and state), impress my customers with my "green" efforts, what's not to like? I don't know the franchise structure, but if each Sonic is individually owned, and if I were one of the owners, I would look into this for my local franchise.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment