- WASHINGTON, June 23 (UPI) -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning people not to eat California Prime Produce- or Orange County Orchards-brand .
- FDA officials said Orca Distribution West Inc. of Anaheim, Calif., received and repackaged pistachios recalled [emphasis mine] by Setton Pistachios of Terra Bella Inc.
- Setton had recalled all of its pistachios because of possible salmonella contamination that can cause serious and sometimes fatal .
- The products were distributed to retail locations in airports and hotels nationwide in clear 6-ounce flexible plastic Ziploc bags, with "Sell By Dates" of "7/30/09" and "8/30/09."
- The FDA said more than 660 products have been affected by the Setton Pistachio recall.
- A FDA list of all recalled pistachio products is available at http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/pistachiorecall/index.cfm.
How can they get away with just simply ignoring the FDA?
Come on, people, put some teeth in those recalls! My God.