Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Veterans

.
Oh, no, you din't !

IAVA's Policy Director Vanessa Williamson reports the Obama administration has considered allowing the Department of Veterans Affairs to bill service-members' private health insurance for treatment of a disability or injury that was the result of military service.

I am appalled.

Now, look, my gentle snowflakes. This may be cost effective, but how Bush-esque can team Obama get?

No one was/is more against the stupid "war" in Iraq, but if an injury or a disability is service related, we as a nation owe -- and I mean, OWE that service person care, treatment, care, rehabilitation, care, whatever it takes and for as long as it takes. I don't have a dog in this hunt, but right is right and fair is fair and good is good. We are either the nation we claim to be or -- or -- or I don't know what we have become.

"This seems like bad politics and bad policy," said IAVA Policy Director Vanessa Williamson, noting that every veterans group opposes it and warns it will adversely affect veterans. "I don't see this as a tenable option."

I sincerely hope this one goes away.

Soon.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment