Easy, quick, simple, delicious, no-mayonnaise slaw.
- 1# pack of slaw mix with some red cabbage and carrot shreds
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream in a 2-cup measure
- scant 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp coarse grind (Kosher) salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pour slaw mix into bowl.
- Stir sugar, salt & pepper into heavy cream in the 2-cup measure.
- Lightly stir vinegar into measuring cup holding heavy cream mixture.
- Let sit for about 30 seconds until the cream thickens.
- Pour the cream mixture over the slaw mix. Toss/stir gently.
- Serve 4, generously.
The only draw-back to this recipe is that, if left-0ver and held-overnight, if does tend to separate slightly. Re-stir/toss if serving the next day.
This absolutely, to-die-for slaw comes from my second ex-mother-in-law.
Great for picnics--no mayonnaise.
Summer is coming!