Saturday, February 7, 2009

What Is Wrong with theTruth?

.
I did not know, did you?

The Pentagon is spending at least $4.7 billion this year (OK, my gentle snowflakes, that is BILLION) on "influence operations" and has more than 27,000 employees devoted to such activities.
  • On Dec. 12, the Pentagon's inspector general released an audit finding that the public affairs office may have crossed the line into propaganda. The audit found the Department of Defense "may appear to merge inappropriately" its public affairs with operations that try to influence audiences abroad. It also found that while only 89 positions were authorized for public affairs, 126 government employees and 31 contractors worked there.
The Pentagon is "spreading propaganda at home in violation of federal law"?

A chill just went up my spine -- and back down again.

This is my money. .... And I object.

What is wrong with the plain, unvarnished truth?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment